Welcome, and thank you for visiting me here.
I have a Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) as well as over a decade of experience providing treatment for couples, individuals, and families. However, at Heart of the Matter Therapy and Coaching, I won’t act as your therapist, but as your coach. This means that rather than focusing on treating any mental disorder, I will be your guide in achieving personal and relational growth. Together, we will help you to create the fulfilling and happy life or relationship that you envision for yourself.
Working with couples is a strong passion of mine, and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Gottman Method Couples Therapy have been foundational in my approach. In relationship communication coaching, we take these empirically validated forms of couples therapy and boil them down to concrete tools and solutions to help you learn to communicate in effective and healthy ways. Our conversations have the power to transform many layers of your experience in relationship- your emotional experience, your perceptions, as well as your behavior- in a natural and organic way. With your new tools, you and your partner can grow in your love for years to come as your relationship gets better and better over time as you become an expert in empirically-validated communication techniques.
My goal in our coaching sessions is to help you tap into your own resilience as you deepen insight, foster personal empowerment, and create meaningful, lasting changes in your life and relationships. I believe in a holistic approach where the whole person is invited into sessions, including mind, body, heart, and spirit. Together we will build a strong relationship based in trust, openness, and authenticity. My approach is gentle, personable, and direct, often utilizing humor and metaphor. My strengths-based, solution-focused lens serves to help orient you to a more holistic picture beyond your problems.
Before joining the team at Heart of the Matter Therapy and Coaching, I worked as a therapist and coach at Open Sky Wilderness Therapy for two years, using the most current, research-proven treatment modalities. I provided individual and group therapy to those struggling with anxiety, depression, and other challenges in the beauty and wildness of nature. I also helped parent couples learn effective communication skills and parenting tools as a part of the program which greatly improved outcomes for the adolescents in the program. My experience at Open Sky taught me the immense power of relationships- relationships with ourselves, our significant others, and with nature- for personal growth and self-actualization.
I hope you’ll come alongside me in a coaching session where we can begin your journey to a more satisfying life or relationship. I would love to be your guide toward a better relationship with yourself or your partner.
- Relationship coaching- helping you and your partner to:
- Have transformative conversations that foster understanding, trust, as well as relational and personal growth
- Develop effective communication skills using concrete skills and tools from today’s most science-backed methods including Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Reduce negative conflict patterns and/or increase depth of emotional intimacy and connection
- Individual coaching- helping you to:
- Gain insight and self-awareness into yourself and your patterns, including what is holding you back from being where you want to be
- Develop the solutions and skills you need to reach your goals
- I will be your unyielding supporter as you change your life for the better
- Masters of Science, Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), Capella University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology with a minor in Sociology, Park University
- Over a decade of experience providing mental health treatment or coaching for individuals, couples, families, and adolescents
- Extensive experience in wilderness therapy as well as equine-assisted therapy
Reach out for a free 15-minute consultation or for a virtual individual, couples, or family coaching session from anywhere in the world:
Contact me to schedule a free consultation- I would love to work with you: